Last updated: 08/04/2023
These terms outline the hire of all fascinators, hats and headpieces at Chanix Millinery.
Availability, Payment and Deposits
Postage and Packaging for Royal Mail Special Delivery is £10
Through an enquiry we will confirm if your date for booking is available.
To secure your booking, payment for your hire item must be made in full.
A further deposit is required for all hire fascinators, hats and headpieces and is due before the day of postage.
Your deposit will be immediately refunded on the safe return of each hire item.
Thank you for choosing to hire your gorgeous headpiece from Chanix Millinery! Headpieces are expensive, extremely delicate and easily prone to damage and wear and tear. Before renting from Chanix Millinery you must read and sign the agreed terms and conditions.
1) If the headpiece is lost or damaged (including any dents, loss or damage to decoration, water damage, staining from makeup) then Chanix Millinery reserves the right to retain deposit if the hat is returned in an unsatisfactory condition or lost.
2) The hire fee is for one day/wear only. Headpieces seen or photographed on any other person will result in deposit not being returned.
3) Your hat may be fitted with hypoallergenic tape across the headlining. This protects the headpieces from make-up stains, please do not remove it. Also by hiring from Chanix Millinery you admit to having no known allergies.
4) You agree to return the Headpiece on the agreed date. Any delay will incur a £10 per day fine which will be taken from the deposit.
5) The headpiece remains the property of Chanix Millinery
6) Full hire fee will be retained and refunds are not given should you change your mind. Headpieces are not reserved until full deposit has been paid.
7) You are prohibited from making alterations to any hire pieces. Taking your glue gun to any pieces to add features will leave glue residue stains and this will result in your deposit not being returned.
Hints and Tips
- Avoid rain: Fascinator/hatinators are very susceptible to damage from water. Even very slight drizzle can damage a hat beyond repair. Keep an umbrella with you and take shelter in the event of a wet day.
- Fingers off: Oily marks from food or moisturiser will mark a hat and the delicate fabric can’t be cleaned.
- Go light on make-up: Make-up or oily marks on fascinator/hatiators does not come off.
- Don’t wear foundation, fake tan or powder on the part of your forehead which touches the hat. Blot your skin with tissue to remove oil before you fit the hat.
- Don’t over-stretch the elastic: Hat elastics are quite tough but they can snap it is stretched too much over and under long hair.
- Know when to put your hat to bed: We know you’ll be having fun but don’t forget the headpiece isn’t as robust as you are. When the dancing starts (woop!), remove the hat, wrap it up and store it back in its box, somewhere safe.